maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael Gaffney <mike.gaff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I use maven day to day?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:21:48 GMT
Here are two excellent presentations (IMHO) from Vincent Massol that
helped me enormously....

http://www.pivolis.com/pdf/J2EE_projects_Maven_V1.1.pdf
http://www.pivolis.com/pdf/Enterprise_Builds_V1.0.pdf

Hope this helps.

Mike Gaffney

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 10:12:14 -0400, Helck, Christopher <chelck@ebs.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for something that describes how to use maven with multiple
> projects on a day to day basis. When should I install something, when
> should I deploy it to the distribution repository (or whatever it is
> called), and when should I use snapshots? I can imagine someone making
> changes to some projects and checking the changes back into source
> control without updating the maven repositories. Wouldn't this break the
> build for everyone else?
>
> I'm worried that most developers will just check things back into source
> control without deploying the jars. Most people use Jbuilder or Eclipse
> which magically build everything for them and they won't want to be
> bothered with maven or ant.
>
> Thanks,
> C. Helck
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. This e-mail is intended only
for the stated addressee.  If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate
or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. if you have received
this e-mail in error, please inform us immediately and delete it and all copies from your
system.

> EBS Dealing Resources International Limited.  Registered address:  55-56 Lincoln's Inn
Fields, London WC2A 3LJ, United Kingdom. Registered number 2633663.

> EBS Dealing Resources, Inc, registered in Delaware. Address: 535 Madison Avenue, 24th
Floor, New York, NY 10022, USA, and One upper Pond road, Building F - Floor 3, Parsippany,
NJ 07054, USA.

> EBS Dealing Resources Japan Limited, a Japanese Corporation. Address: Asteer Kayabacho
Bldg, 6th Floor, 1-6-1, Shinkawa, Chuo-Ku,  Tokyo 104-0033, Japan.