maven-users mailing list archives

From "Geoffrey" <jcs_gde_li...@hotmail.com>
Subject distribution and site vs multiproject plugin
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2004 09:30:04 GMT
Hi,

I have a multiproject P with modules A, B and C.
A depends on B and C.
A has the static main method.
Does anyone have a similar open source project?

Any answers or guidelines for these questions are appreciated:

1) Should I distribute A, B, C as separate jars in a zip/tarball with
A being made executable and having B and C on A's classpath.
Or should I make 1 uberjar and put that in the zip/tarball?
2) At which level should I call the distribution plugin to generate those
zip/tarball:
at P level or at A?
3) At which level should I call the site plugin? I presume a
multiproject:site at P level.

(less important)
4) How do I get the distribution plugin to use the entire site
5) How do I get the distribution plugin to use the entire source directory?

--
Thanks for any and all help,
Geoffrey