maven-users mailing list archives

From fabrice.beling...@mpsa.com
Subject Réf. : Re: Maven and FTP Ant task: what's up??
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:20:23 GMT

OK, I've found NetComponents here :
<http://www.savarese.org/oro/downloads/download/NetComponents-1.3.8.zip>
With the following code in maven.xml
      <taskdef name="ftp"
classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP"/>
and this one in the POM
      <dependency>
            <groupId>NetComponents</groupId>
            <artifactId>NetComponents</artifactId>
            <version>1.3.8</version>
            <properties>
                  <classloader>root</classloader>
            </properties>
      </dependency>
it works fine.
Thanks Ben :o)

And yes, Maven is worth it! So I hope that soon, we won't need to do this
hack to get the FTP task work seamlessly in Maven :o)

Fabrice.

             Ben Anderson
             <benanderson@ben
             anderson.us>                                             Pour
                                       Maven Users List
             05/10/2004 14:48          <users@maven.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

                 Veuillez                                            Objet
                répondre à             Re: Maven and FTP Ant task: what's
             Maven Users List          up??
             <users@maven.apa
                 che.org>

see this thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-user&m=109570387625634&w=2
Note: you will have to manually download NetComponents.jar - which is hard
find.  I can't remember where I got it from.  Don't ask me why you need
this
jar as opposed to the current version of that project (commons-net).

I had this problem a few weeks ago... and got pretty frustrated when I
couldn't
find the answer and almost abandoned maven.  While this does seem to be a
problem, it is solvable and maven is worth it ;-)

-Ben

Quoting fabrice.belingard@mpsa.com: