maven-users mailing list archives

From Stéphane Nicoll <Stephane.Nic...@bsb.com>
Subject Dependencies and tagging
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:07:55 GMT
Hello list,

I am facing for a couple of months now a very annoying problem and I haven't found any solution
so far. I have a hierarchical project's structure such as the following:

Project1
       Project2
       Project 3
              Project 4
              Project 5
       Project 6

Let's take Project4 as an example: Project 4 inherits from Project 3 which inherits itself
from project1.

I want to make a release of project4 (release 1.2.3) and I want to make sure that I can't
. My problem is I have to tag project.properties, project.xml and maven.xml from the Project3
and Project1 directories as well ...

As far as I can tell, there is no real solution to this problem. I have nasty side effects
as well. Let's use the scm:checkout-project goal for instance: maven won't start because my
parent's project is not checkouted at the same time.

I've hearded about maven entities and XML import but I will have to tag them as well anyway.

Is there any solution to this issue? Typically I don't want to tag my whole CVS everytime
because other projects are completely unrelated and I would prefer to do it from the project's
directory)

Regards,
Stéphane

Stéphane Nicoll