maven-users mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Nicoll <Stephane.Nic...@bsb.com>
Subject RE: xerces
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 06:58:57 GMT
John Casey wrote:

>One final thought: leaving the parser choice up to the user is the right
>thing to do when you're developing an application component which will
>run in some java context outside its own. However, this is an
>unnecessary and even undesirable level of flexibility for a standalone
>tool like maven. It only serves to make installation, configuration and
>[especially] support more complex.

I would agree with you on that one but not in the context of maven. The
issue I am facing is maven forcing *me* to use a given parser. The only
choice I had so far was to fork the JVM to compile my code.

To me, Maven should not add stuff in the classpath used to compile the project.
Up to the project's maintainer to choose which library he's gonna use.

Cheers,
St├ęphane