maven-users mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Nicoll <Stephane.Nic...@bsb.com>
Subject RE: [SPAM] - RE: <attainGoal> No goal [ejb:install] - Found word(s) list error in the Text body.
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:07:04 GMT
Well, there's a pregoal which will create the directory target\classes just before compiling
(it's called java:prepare-filesystem). If you clean the target directory just before launching
the compilation, the java:compile goal will obiously fail.

I suggest the following as a replacement

<goal name="build" prereqs="clean">
   <echo>Calling ejb:install</echo>
   <attainGoal name="ejb:install" />
</goal>

Regards,

St├ęphane

-----Original Message-----
From: Oren Berenson [mailto:oren.berenson@morpheus.co.uk]
Sent: lundi 11 octobre 2004 12:04
To: Maven Users List; Brett Porter
Subject: [SPAM] - RE: <attainGoal> No goal [ejb:install] - Found word(s) list error
in the Text body.

This is my maven.xml:

<project default="build" xmlns:m="jelly:maven">
	<preGoal name="java:compile">
		<echo>!!!!!! Clean</echo>
		<attainGoal name="clean" />
	</preGoal>

  <goal name="build">
  	<echo>Calling ejb:install</echo>
     <attainGoal name="ejb:install" />
  </goal>
</project>

I get the following error:

"D:\TestEJB\target\classes" does not exist or is not a directory

It looks like the folder\classes have to exists for it to work.

Is it correct to use clean like i did?

Oren