maven-users mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Nicoll <Stephane.Nic...@bsb.com>
Subject xerces
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:29:02 GMT
Hello list,

In one of my project I use namely xerces-2.6.2, xalan-2.1.0 and xml-apis-2.0.0. It used to
be an ant project which is compiling fine (SUN JDK 1.4.2). Now I moved to a maven project
with exactly the same dependencies (I checked 3 times and even copy the lib from the ant project
directly in my maven repo), I still have the same issue:

isXMLName(java.lang.String) in org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl cannot be applied to
(java.lang.String,boolean)

Having checked the API, it seems to be a change since xerces2 which I have. Putting my dependencies
in IDEA and compiling just work fine, as my ant project. Is Maven using a given xerces version
which is overiding my dependency somehow?

Regards,
St├ęphane