maven-users mailing list archives

From "Helck, Christopher" <che...@ebs.com>
Subject How do I use maven day to day?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:12:14 GMT
I'm looking for something that describes how to use maven with multiple
projects on a day to day basis. When should I install something, when
should I deploy it to the distribution repository (or whatever it is
called), and when should I use snapshots? I can imagine someone making
changes to some projects and checking the changes back into source
control without updating the maven repositories. Wouldn't this break the
build for everyone else?

I'm worried that most developers will just check things back into source
control without deploying the jars. Most people use Jbuilder or Eclipse
which magically build everything for them and they won't want to be
bothered with maven or ant.

Thanks,
C. Helck

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. This e-mail is intended only for
the stated addressee.  If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate
or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. if you have received
this e-mail in error, please inform us immediately and delete it and all copies from your
system.

EBS Dealing Resources International Limited.  Registered address:  55-56 Lincoln's Inn Fields,
London WC2A 3LJ, United Kingdom. Registered number 2633663.

EBS Dealing Resources, Inc, registered in Delaware. Address: 535 Madison Avenue, 24th Floor,
New York, NY 10022, USA, and One upper Pond road, Building F - Floor 3, Parsippany, NJ 07054,
USA.

EBS Dealing Resources Japan Limited, a Japanese Corporation. Address: Asteer Kayabacho Bldg,
6th Floor, 1-6-1, Shinkawa, Chuo-Ku,  Tokyo 104-0033, Japan.