maven-users mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org>
Subject Re: xerces
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:40:27 GMT
Yes, maven has an extdir that includes xerces-2.4.0 and xml-apis-1.0-b2.

You should try specifying 'maven.compile.fork=true' in your
project.properties to see whether this helps. It should cause the javac
execution to take place in a new process which is free of the maven
version of xerces et al.

-j

St├ęphane Nicoll wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> In one of my project I use namely xerces-2.6.2, xalan-2.1.0 and xml-apis-2.0.0. It used
to be an ant project which is compiling fine (SUN JDK 1.4.2). Now I moved to a maven project
with exactly the same dependencies (I checked 3 times and even copy the lib from the ant project
directly in my maven repo), I still have the same issue:

> isXMLName(java.lang.String) in org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl cannot be applied
to (java.lang.String,boolean)

> Having checked the API, it seems to be a change since xerces2 which I have. Putting my
dependencies in IDEA and compiling just work fine, as my ant project. Is Maven using a given
xerces version which is overiding my dependency somehow?