maven-users mailing list archives

From Ben Walding <...@walding.com>
Subject Re: How to do production builds with Maven?
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 00:18:35 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 16:31, Helck, Christopher wrote:
>

>>How can I do this? I've thought about mirroring www.ibiblio.org/maven on
>>an internal machine and having developers and certification teams use it
>>instead, but this seems like a lot of work. Any ideas?
>>

>If the certification team is allow to connect within your intranet then
>you can setup your own remote repository for them to use.
>
>On your machine say you could build with a remote repo of ibiblio and
>your dependencies will be downloaded in your local repository. You could
>then turn around and use your local repository as the certification
>teams remote repository. You can setup your own webserver and if you
>have an existing servlet container running you can use Ben's
>maven-proxy:
>
>http://maven-proxy.codehaus.org/

A small correction - maven-proxy runs standalone inside it's own
packaged Jetty instance.  There will soon be a .war released that can
live inside your existing container.

This use case of a "certified repository" seems to be quite common, so
I'm interested in ways we can make maven-proxy make this use case more
practical - eg. with an approval page that lets new artifacts into the
repository.

Cheers,

Ben