maven-users mailing list archives

From Earl.Hok...@chi.frb.org
Subject Re: Maven 2.0 question
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:37:58 GMT
Is there a planned release date for Maven 2.0?

Regards,
Earl Hokens

312-322-4173 (desk)
312-404-2718 (mobile)
earl.hokens@chi.frb.org

Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@maven.org>
10/07/2004 02:52 PM
Please respond to "Maven Users List"

        To:     Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Maven 2.0 question

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 14:47, STRAYER, JON (SBCSI) wrote:
> Is Jelly still the scripting language for Maven 2.0?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that there will be several options for scripting
plugins: the XML scripting option is something called Marmalade which is
something like Jelly except it actually works and doesn't result in the
operator pulling out his own teeth trying to get it work. Jelly is a
guaragantuan piece of crap and I made the dire mistake of incorporating
it into Maven which I will always regret. Marmalade is written by John
Casey who has been long involved in Maven, he's heavily involved in
Maven 2.x and is committed to the long-term maintenance of Marmalade.
He's got all the core Jelly tag libs working as well.

Some other options are Beanshell, Janino and possibly JRuby. Don't even
ask about Groovy because I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org