maven-users mailing list archives

From Kim Goings <smilingj...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [Poll] Writing documentation with Maven
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:53:48 GMT
> 1. What format do you use to write documentation?
>    C. docbook
>
> 2. If you didn't choose A, how do you transform your doc to be
> integrated in
> a Maven powered site?
>    B. docbook plugin

Side note in case no one's watching it - I've submitted some patches to
jira for this plug-in.

> 4. What tool do you use to write the docs?
>    A. notepad / vi and similar
>    B. one that is not WYSIWYG (please say what)
>    C. a WYSIWYG editor (please say what)

All of the above as I haven't settled on one yet.  I'm liking XMLMind
for WYSIWYG, but it's a little buggy on the mac.  As I become more
familiar with the docbook DTD, I find myself going back to text edit /
eclipse.

We chose docbook over xdocs because there didn't seem to be a DTD or
schema for xdoc and was a little less complete than what we expect to
need.

Kim