maven-users mailing list archives

From "Springer, Ian P." <ian.sprin...@hp.com>
Subject RE: parent project's preGoals and postGoals being run
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:32:33 GMT
Ah, I see what you're saying. So, I need to create a third project that both main and sub extend
from, instead of making sub extend from main. and in my case, the base project would probably
not even have a maven.xml. if main and sub are sibling projects, their preGoals and postGoals
will not interfere with each other.

Thanks for your help,
Ian

| > |
| > | You're right but that's the desired behaviour, not a bug.
| > | You may do something like this in your parent:
| > | <preGoal xxx>
| > |   <attainGoal name="myGoal"/>
| > | </preGoal xxx>
| > | Where the actual code is in myGoal. Then in the
| subproject you can
| > | override de myGoal to do nothing.
| > |
| > |