maven-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Priblouda <kpriblo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: maven and lucene
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:15:41 GMT

--- Adam Fisk <afisk@speedymail.org> wrote:

> Is there any way to have maven automatically
> incorporate Lucene to offer
> full text searching of your generated site?  I
> haven't seen this, but it
> would be a handy feature.

as site produced by maven is pretty static, there is
no way to use lucene.

well, maven could produce war file with enough
dynamic,
and could preform full indexing  of result, and
incorporate this index into war archive...
but it would require development of a lot of stuff
from lucene guys:
 - directory which is able to get information from
war archive (AFAIR - there is none )
 - search servlet going to this directory ( I'm not
aware of it, maybe I'm wrong )
 - some maven-compatible way to perform indexing
(AFAIR - not there)

It would be possible to develop with a litle help from
lucene guys, but this will need time and lobby work.

( though they describe themselves as pretty open to
changes )

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verstärkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] für die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programmieren, Kenntnisse in OpenSource-Bereich