maven-users mailing list archives

From bwald...@iinet.net.au
Subject Re: Local Repository is in a FTP server!!!
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 03:14:12 GMT
1. A local repository is local. It isn't normally shared unless all developers
are on the same workstation.

You could however mount your shared local repository from an NFS volume or Samba
share.

I don't believe a lot of people do this, so you could be subject to some race
conditions if multiple users are running maven at the same time.

2. There is also the option of using maven-proxy (maven-proxy.codehaus.org) to
have a repository on the local network that each developer downloads to their
local repository from.

Cheers,

Ben