maven-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Venisse" <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: jar dependency question
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:54:50 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "jeff mutonho" <ejbengine@yahoo.com>
To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>; "Dion Gillard"
<dion.gillard@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 10:47 AM
Subject: jar dependency question

> I've my got the following layout in my
> /.maven/repository/support/
>                                       |__ears
>                                       |__ejbs
>                                       |__ jars
>                                       |__ poms
>                                       |__ wars
>
> I've got subprojects that have dependecies on jars that sitting unders
"ejbs" as well as "jars" .Now if i specify a dependecy for a jar (in this
caseSupport_Persistence-1.1.jar)
>  sitting in "ejbs" as
>
> <dependency>
>          <groupId>support</groupId>
>          <artifactId>Support_Persistence</artifactId>
>          <version>1.1</version>
>        </dependency>
>
> Doesn't maven check for all the sub-directories under the folder with name
specified under <groupId>?Or does it only check in the "jars" sub-directory?

Maven check only in the jar directory because it's the default type of
artifact.
For obtain a dependency that exist in an other sub-directory, you must
specify the type for your dependency like this :

<dependency>
         <groupId>support</groupId>
         <artifactId>Support_Persistence</artifactId>
         <version>1.1</version>
         <type>ejb</type>
</dependency>

Emmanuel