maven-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Chapman" <Andrew.Chap...@ons.gsi.gov.uk>
Subject Re: Use of maven.test.skip
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:32:28 GMT

You can override project properties on the maven command line:

maven -Dmaven.test.skip=false

If you have one environment where you want testing on by default and
another where you want it off set maven.test.skip as appropriate in
build.properties rather than project.properties.

Andy

                      kennym@kizoom.com

                                               To:       users@maven.apache.org

                      10/08/04 13:49           cc:

                      Please respond to        Subject:  Use of maven.test.skip

                      users

Folks,

I currently have a project where the unit tests take a considerable amount
of time to run (5 minutes or so), and as a result, running them every time
I do a build is proving impractical.  Initially, I just added the
maven.test.skip flag to my project.properties, but this isn't a good
solution, mainly because if I explicitly want to run the unit tests, I have
to take the flag out again.

What I want is for the unit tests not to be run when i do a build, but I do
want them to run if I explicitly say so.  The interactions between the Java
and Test plugins don't seem to be flexible enough to allow this.

My current solution is to move the unit tests out to a seperate project,
but that seems like an arse-backwards way of going about it.  Can anyone
suggest a better approach?

cheers
kenny

For the latest data on the economy and society
consult National Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages
are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy
on the use of electronic communications
Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by
the sender of this message are not necessarily
those of the Office for National Statistics