maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven prepare-release from existing tag ?
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:19:51 GMT
if you want to prepare the release from HEAD, cvs update -A

if you need to create the release from a tag in the past as you are
attempting, you will need to create a branch and update to that
cvs tag -b foo
cvs update -r foo
maven scm:prepare-release

This is because project.xml and changes.xml get modified and committed
(so you could just branch those if necessary)

- Brett