maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MavenException
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:25:23 GMT
Looks like it is trying to load a plugin as a project instead of as a
plugin. I don't know how it happened, but it should be corrected if
you rm -rf /home/maven/.maven/cache. Check that there isn't any
additional bad files in ~/.maven/plugins or $MAVEN_HOME/plugins too.

Cheers,
brett

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:30:10 -0700 (PDT), jeff mutonho
<ejbengine@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I've installed Maven on a Redhat 8.0 box and correctly setup the environment varibles.I
created a test project and manage to build it successfully.I'm having problems running the
command

> maven -g
>
> to get a full description of all the Maven goals available.Maven is throwing the following
exception:

> org.apache.maven.MavenException: Error parsing project.xml '/home/maven/.maven/cache/plugin-parent/project.xml'
>         at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getNonJellyProject(MavenUtils.java:208)
>         at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getNonJellyProject(MavenUtils.java:232)
>         at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:144)
>         at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:123)
>         at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initializeRootProject(MavenSession.java:235)
>         at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initialize(MavenSession.java:175)
>         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:473)
>         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1215)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
>         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
> You have encountered an unknown error running Maven. Please help us to correct
> this problem by following these simple steps:
>
> I don't understand why it's looking for '/home/maven/.maven/cache/plugin-parent/project.xml'
 because the directory "plugin-parent" does not even exist.

> maven -g works fine on the other XP box with a similat Maven installation , even though
there's no "plugin-parent" under the ".maven" folder.