maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dashboard plugin release status?
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:48:15 GMT
We weren't talking about bugs. We were talking about new features.

> So you'd rather not release early and often? That has nothing to do
> with fixing bugs.

But it has everything to do with not introducing new ones.

> What if there are bugs fixed in the CVS version, critical ones even. I
> don't see why they should wait for all outstanding bugs to be fixed
> before releasing.

That's why we've started with the bugfix releases. Critical, or a set
of minor bugs all fixed. But lets not release after every new feature
or whenever some code gets reformatted or some documentation gets
added (since that can go to the website earlier).

I probably got my wires crossed, but the point I wanted to make was
that I think we should be fixing bugs before adding features, and
doing more testing before officially releasing plugins after features
are added.

- Brett