maven-users mailing list archives

From "Jarrell, Maury" <Maury.Jarr...@fhr.com>
Subject RE: Is there a way to separate maven's repository from my reposit ory?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:27:40 GMT

Doh!  That makes sense.  Our organization doesn't distribute software, thus
we don't worry as much about such issues.

> We are looking at setting up an interanl repository where all of our
> shared libraries will reside.  This will allow us control and tracking
> over licensing.  It would be against company policy to use any libraries
> outside our central repository while writing your code.  The build tool
> should have no requirements about what's in my repository it should only
> be about what my code needs.

It sounds like you might already be doing this, or have already determined
this wouldn't work, but if you used the maven.repo.local property to point
to maven's build repository  and maven.repo.remote to point to an internal
repository that housed only libraries you use and can successfully license,
then wouldn't solve most of the issue?  I guess it would still be possible
for a developer to use a Maven dependency, but his folly would get exposed
when you only allowed the remote jars to be included in a distribution.

Take care,
Maury