maven-users mailing list archives

From Shinobu Kawai <shin...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: maven site:generate --OutOf MemoryError
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:59:45 GMT

Hi jeff,

Oops, did I set Reply-To?  I'll answer to the ML.

> How do I ensure that checkstyle-report.xml  doesn't grow too big ?How do I control that
process?
I can think of two ways to do that.  Fix the source or change the rules.
    http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/checkstyle/
    http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/

Oh, I forgot the ultimate way: deregister the report. :)

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
jeff mutonho <ejbengine@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Shinobu
> >Of course, the best approach to this is to don't let them grow that
> >big.
>
> How do I ensure that checkstyle-report.xml  doesn't grow too big ?How do I control that
process?
> Thanks for responding to my post :)
> jeff mutonho
>

> Shinobu Kawai <shinobu@ieee.org> wrote:
>
> Hi jeff,
>
> > After the OutOfMemoryError I've tried the following on the Linux box which has 512MB
of RAM.I set the MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m environment variable in my .bash_profile file.I then
run "maven site:generate" and when it get to the point where it prints the following :
> > xdoc:jelly-transform:
> > [echo] Generating /home/maven/maven-1.0/projects_main/projects/Support_Persistence/target/docs/jdepend-report.html
from /home/maven/maven-1.0/projects_main/projects/Support_Persistence/target/generated-xdocs/jdepend-report.xml
> > [echo] Generating /home/maven/maven-1.0/projects_main/projects/Support_Persistence/target/docs/checkstyle-report.html
from /home/maven/maven-1.0/projects_main/projects/Support_Persistence/target/generated-xdocs/checkstyle-report.xml

--
Shinobu Kawai <shinobu@ieee.org, shinobu@computer.org>