maven-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Lloyd" <ryan.ll...@mks.com>
Subject RE: Using the Artifact plugin for deployment
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:46:33 GMT
For those interested in the origin of the phrase 'catch 22', it is described here:

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mcatch22.html

The best example of a 'catch 22' that I can think of would be:

'You can't get a job without experience, but you can't get experience unless you have a job'

Regards,
Ryan

	-----Original Message-----
	From: sverre@explicit.dk [mailto:sverre@explicit.dk]
	Sent: Mon 28/06/2004 12:41
	To: Maven Users List
	Subject: Using the Artifact plugin for deployment

	Hey all,

	I'd just give a vote for getting all the maven supplied plugins to use the
	Artifact plugin for deployment instead of the "old" method, where scp etc. is
	specified.

	I do know, that you maintain it to keep backwards compability, but I've reached
	the step where I have to jump through some pretty funny shaped hoops in order
	to get the deployed files where I'd like them to go. And the Artifact plugin
	seems to fit the bill absolutely perfectly ..

	What's the general opinion on this one ?

	br,
	  Sverre Eplov