maven-users mailing list archives

From Webb Morris <webbmor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Multiproject:site and inherited properties
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 15:38:04 GMT
I have a multilevel project inheritance structure. Where project C inherits from project B
inherits from project A, etc.  I have some properties set up at the top level in
project.properties for things like checkstyle.xml and liscense.txt.  If I run site:generate
from
the bottom level project, it finds these properties and executes correctly.  However, if I
execute
multiproject:site from the mid-level project, the "leaf" projects can not find the checkstyle
or
liscense information any longer.

In $(user.home}/build.properties, I have:

top.level.project.xml=${somedirectory}/project.xml

In the midlevel project.xml, I have:

<extends>${top.level.project.xml}</extends>

In the "leaf" projects, I have:

<extends>../project.xml</extneds>

As you can see, my directory structure looks similar to this

- Top Level Project A
- Mid Level Project B
  - Leaf Project C

Where A and B are on the same directory "level" and C is a direct child of B.

Any ideas as to why when multiproject:site runs it can not find the correct properties, but
site:generate can?

Thanks,

WM