maven-users mailing list archives

From <Steve.Row...@aventis.com>
Subject Javadoc plugin vs Windows pathnames containing spaces
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:19:00 GMT
I'm using Maven 1.0rc4, JDK 1.4.2_04, on Win2k with Cygwin under the bash shell.

When building any project, the javadoc phase always gives errors of the form shown below.
 (The entire build transcript is also attached for reference, but compressed.)  Pretty clearly,
it's unable to cope with the Windowsish pathnames containing spaces.  I know such pathnames
are clearly evil, but they are also a regrettably unavoidable fact of work life for me.

Any suggestions as to how to work around this?  I suspect there must be such a workaround,
since (a) the other plugins cope, (b) it used to work in 1.0rc1, and (c) I can't possibly
be the only person building from bash on Windows with uncooperative pathnames.

Other than this, I must say that I really like Maven!

Steve Rowley <steve.rowley@aventis.com> Cambridge, MA: (617) 768-4054 ICQ: 52-377-390