maven-users mailing list archives

From "W. Sean Hennessy" <shenne...@goldenhourdata.com>
Subject RE: Pb using package propertie for generating project tree
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 14:31:21 GMT

FYI:
The plugin.jelly script used by genapp-plugin will iterate through a set of parameters
and prompt the user to set each of the corresponding internal maven.genapp.template.${var}
properties' value.
However, we can also pre-define each of these properties with ${user.name}\build.properties
as an alternative to command line definitions.
This should allow the property overrides in build.properties to circumvent the default interactive
prompt behavior.

#build.properties
maven.genapp.template.id=default
maven.genapp.template.name=MyApplicationName
maven.genapp.template.package=com.mycompany.app
maven.genapp.template.user=${user.name}

-----Original Message-----
From: boutin [mailto:boutin@fimasys.fr]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 2:21 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Pb using package propertie for generating project tree

Hello everybody,

I'm refering to the documentation found inside http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html.

On the project Setup section / starting a new project, it is explain that you have to do :
$ maven
-Dpackage=[name_of_package] genapp

to generate a project tree, however this always generate the com.mycompany.app/App.java structure
whatever
name_of_package you but. Is is a bug or am I missing something ?

Regards,
Denis.