maven-users mailing list archives

From "Ang Eng Hoe" <engho...@hotmail.com>
Subject Unable to read build properties file under non-standard Windows installation
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 02:38:10 GMT
I have my Windows OS installed in the d: drive (instead of the standard c:
drive).

When I run Maven, it is able to create the correct .maven directory under
d:\Documents and Settings\user.  However, when I create a build.properties
file under d:\Documents and Settings\user, I found that Maven is not reading
the properties that I had set in the file.

To get the Maven to read the build.properties file, I had to issue the
following command:
Maven -Duser.home=d:\Docume~1\user goal

>From the user guide, I found that maven.home.local=${user.home}/.maven, and
that Maven will process the properties file ${user.home}/build.properties.
So I am puzzled why the different behaviour for the creation of the .maven
directory, and the reading of build.properties file.

Has anyone encounter the same problem?  Is this a Maven's bug?

Rgds,
Eng Hoe
SGX Ltd