maven-users mailing list archives

From "Amato Massimiliano \(TLAB\)" <Massimiliano.Am...@tradinglab.unicredit.it>
Subject RE: How to get xdoclet generating necessary files thru maven?
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:42:11 GMT
Hi,

>From my experience with XDoclet plugin I have to agree is very complicated but once set
up it works perfectly.

First of all are you sure you're importing all the necessary xdoclet libraries in the project.xml?

xdoclet
xdoclet-xdoclet-module
xdoclet-ejb-module
web-module
jboss-module
xdoclet-jmx-module
xdoclet-bea-module
xjavadoc

Then you must be sure that the xdoclet plugin is correctly configured.

This is an example configuration file

# XDoclet #
maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.destDir=${maven.build.dir}/xdoclet
maven.ejb.client.base.excludes=**/META-INF/*.xml

# Package substitution
maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.packageSubstitution.0=true
maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.packageSubstitution.0.packages=ejb.session
maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.packageSubstitution.0.substituteWith=interfaces

# Deployment descriptor
maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.deploymentdescriptor.0=true
maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.deploymentdescriptor.0.destDir=${maven.build.dest}/META-INF
maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.jboss.0=true
maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.jboss.0.destDir=${maven.build.dest}/META-INF

I had problem too and they were due to a missing xdoclet library, that was needed by the plugin
but not explicitated. Once I added it to my project.xml everything worked perfectly

Hope this helps
Max