maven-users mailing list archives

From Maczka Michal <michal.mac...@imtf.ch>
Subject RE: Need to load common goals from sub-projects maven.xml
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:08:22 GMT

No. Plugins are recommened way of doing this.

In Maven 2 inheritence uses the id of the parent project instead of the
relative path to parent pom

<project>
  <parent>
    <groupId>foo</groupId>
    <artifactId>bba</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
  </parent>
</project>

Parent pom could be taken from local repository (and hence downloaded there
from remote repository)
and most likly it might be also provided by reactor when reactor powered
build will be used for building both child and parent projects

We still haven't decided if maven.xml will be also uploaded/downloaded
to/from the repository(ies) but at the moment for sake of simplicity
we are rather willing to push all centralized goals to plugins. Plugins can
be decalred as any other dependenies in poms and automatically
fetched by maven. It means that for common scripts - you will need to create
one more project.  In reactor powered builds which will be  way
simpler than thay are now there should be really no differnce as plugin
project will be build in the same run of maven and made directly visible
to other projets.

But this is the future :)

[..]

Michal