maven-users mailing list archives

From Maczka Michal <michal.mac...@imtf.ch>
Subject RE: Dependancies without repositories. Was: Re: Dependencies
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:24:46 GMT

[...]
> > You mean the situation when devloper is not able to connect to your
> > servers from home?
> > How can he/she use things like CVS then? And then how
> sources of the
> > project will appear on his disk?
> > You can use the same channel for transfering required
> artifacts into
> > your local repository.
> >

> Yes, that is a good example, and we have more levels of security here
> than simply ssh, including rotating tokens which Maven
> *can't* know about.
> Also "automatic" is a dirty word around here and no "automatic" cvs
> access is permitted in any build or deployment script.

I didn't mean that you should use any script. I meant that person who works
"outside"
__at least-__ in the worst case can come into possesion of required
artifacts in the same exact way as it takes places
with project's sources. if this is cvs + ssh he should be also able to
checkout jars from cvs
if this is an email he can recieve a zip bundle containg sources and
required jars and so on....

[...]

Michal