maven-users mailing list archives

From "Bielby, Randy J" <RBIE...@amfam.com>
Subject Goal order
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:22:02 GMT
Thanks to some good response from the list I've made some progress in
getting my build process into Maven.

I am pulling some of my dependencies from my WEB-INF/lib by overriding
the maven.jar property and using the jar element in the dependency goal.
In order to make this work though I first have to have a copy of my
projects from CVS.  If I remove them I get errors that no download url
was specified for the jars and thus the build stops due to the
dependencies not being fulfilled.  I have also added a goal for
war:install to my maven.xml file.

The problem is that it appears the dependencies are running prior to the
cvs checkout.  But since many of the jars are being pulled from one of
the projects within cvs, it errors off, chicken of the egg scenario.
So, I either have something missing that will tell Maven that my
dependencies are in one of the projects being pulled from CVS or I need
to adjust the order of the goals, scm first and then dependencies.

Any thoughts?

Randy Bielby
x32258