maven-users mailing list archives

From "Bielby, Randy J" <RBIE...@amfam.com>
Subject RE: Jar help
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:11:54 GMT
Mikal

Unfortunately, if my project choses to use Maven we will be the only
project doing so here.  There are probably 200 other apps in production
plus 20-30 currently under development.  So, I will have to conform to
what the corporate standards are, regardless of my build tool.  That may
mean duplicate maintainence as far as storing jars etc, in a repository.

Like it of not, this is the reality of large corporate development where
standards and best practices are sometime mandated based upon a wide
range of criteria.  Most of which have nothing to do with the day to day
work of the developers in the trenches (see Tim Reilly's post)

Randy Bielby
x32258