maven-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Frei <f...@inf.ethz.ch>
Subject upload to ibiblio policy
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 08:47:21 GMT
I would like to know what's the policy of maintaining the ibiblio/maven
repository in case a new version of a project is not yet available in
ibiblio but on the projects main site?  Is everybody able to upload a
new version with the appropriate license, like the one already in the
repository or only the one who uploaded it at the first time?
If yes, isn't this a security problem, as everybody could upload
anything? If no, how do you handle the security issue?

I see in many ibiblio/maven hosted projects with older versions but I
would like to use the newest versions and have therefore to build up my
own repository and hope before my project gets released the dependencies
are updated on ibiblio otherwise I have to put my repository online
which is maybe again a problem due to copyrights.

Do you think a "repository of trust" where everybody could upload the
newest required version is viable?

regards,
Andreas