maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How-to build *RC3* from source
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 01:17:18 GMT
Hi Sean,

There is currently no way to rebuild a set of plugins that was bundled
with a Maven release unfortunately. Other than that what you've done is
correct. You can acheckout a specific release of plugin by the tag for
that plugin's release.

Alternatively, you can use the maven:installer goal on the maven tree to
build a maven release using the latest plugin *releases* from your CVS
checkout (it will download the releases rather than build them).

- Brett

M. Sean Gilligan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>How do you build a *particular release* (in this case RC3) of Maven from source?
>
>Normally, I would download a source tarball for the given release and build from that,
but the Maven project doesn't provide one.

>I can successfully build from source (using the bootstrap instructions) by using CVS to
fetch the code using the MAVEN_1_0_RC3 tag for "maven",  but what tag do I use for "maven-plugins"??
 (Using HEAD, Maven builds and installs 1.4-SNAPSHOT of jnlp which seems to have a problem.)
 How do I check-out the revisions of the files in the "maven-plugins" module that match the
ones used to build RC3?

>Alternatively, are there any plans to make source tarballs available for releases?
>
>I'm trying build a Mac OS X installer package for Maven using the DarwinPorts (http://darwinports.opendarwin.org)
system.  I can build the package successfully from the binary download, but the DarwinPorts
philosophy is to build things from source where possible.