maven-users mailing list archives

From Erik Husby <mhu...@broad.mit.edu>
Subject Re: Newbe: Maven vs AntHill
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:54:53 GMT
David R Robison wrote:

> I am new to Maven. Can anyone tell me how Maven compares to AntHill OS
> and/or AntHill Pro?
> Thanks,
> David Robison

No relationship other than one can schedule Maven based builds using
Anthill.

Maven is a build tool that extends the capabilities of Ant in new and
interesting ways.

Anthill is build scheduling tool. One uses Anthill to fetch changed
sources from a source repository and initiate builds.

Anthill OS can be tricked into running Maven based builds by using a
simple Ant script that launches Maven.

Anthill Pro can, I believe, invoke Maven directly.

I am using Anthill OS to run my Maven based builds.

--
Erik Husby
Team Lead for Software Quality Automation