maven-users mailing list archives

From Maczka Michal <michal.mac...@imtf.ch>
Subject RE: zip and classpath
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:00:05 GMT
Yep zips are treathed differently from the jars.

And Oracle naming convention for jdbc driver is second to none in its
stupidity ( 'classes12.zip' wtf !!)

I usually keep oracle jdbc driver in

${repo.root}/oracle/jars/oracle-jdbc-driver-12.jar

so I declare the appropriate dependency like:

<dependency>
  <groupId>oracle</groupId>
   <artifactId>oracle-jdbc-driver</artifactId>
   <type>jar</type>
   <version>12</version>
</dependency>

Michal