maven-users mailing list archives

From "MacLeod, Colin" <colin.macl...@ivata.com>
Subject Re: RE: EJB Deployment descriptor configuration
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:38:59 GMT
Hi Wim,

> Was that the/a reason to develop your own plugin (because you needed
> merging & overriding) ?

Well, yes. I wanted to separate the EJB subprojects, so they can be
used independently of one another. This meant I could make a change in
the addressbook module (say) and then just build that subproject,
followed by the openportal multiproject. It saves me from having to
rebuild the whole thing.

Other (external) projects which also use addressbook (say) need not
build the EJBs for this module at all - they can merge them "prebuilt"
with their own.

Cheers,
Colin