maven-users mailing list archives

From Trygve Laugstøl <trygv...@ifi.uio.no>
Subject Re: new idea on maven usage?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:31:51 GMT
I will update the runtime builder to use the maven wagon code when
that code is more mature. When that is done a runtime will include
a set of jars and poms. If a jar is missing it will be downloaded
automaticaly by the wagon code. The repository selection will also
improve much with the wagon code too, so many different schemes
for dependency downloading can be implemented.

Downloading new artifact is another issue because it would be hard to
say which versjon a application can be run with. With this scenario
it might actually be possible to only send the pom to the client
and have a special runtime that downloads the dependencies.

But, these types of applications will not be ready untill maven 2.0 is
released. After that you will see all cinds of application types using
maven pop up all over the place :)

--
Trygvis