maven-users mailing list archives

From eng...@sgx.com
Subject Re: Support for NTLM proxy authentication?
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 03:05:08 GMT

NTLM is a proprietary protocol designed by Microsoft.  Currently, I know
that Jakarta Commons-HttpClient project is able to support NTLM
authentication.  CVSGrab, for example, is using HttpClient to make HTTP
connection, and hence it also implicitly support NTLM.

I don't know how many proxy servers out there in the world is configured
with NTLM authentication.  I do hope enough people can support me to make
the NTLM feature possible in Maven.  Otherwise, people like me who is
behind such proxy server would not be able to enjoy the benefits of Maven.

Regards,
Eng Hoe
App Dev-DCS
SGX-IT Division

DID: (65) 62368963
FAX: (65) 64388840
email: enghoe@sgx.com

                    Jason van Zyl

                    <jvanzyl@maven       To:     Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>

                    .org>                cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: Support for NTLM proxy authentication?

                    03/12/2003

                    10:47 AM

                    Please respond

                    to "Maven

                    Users List"

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 21:38, enghoe@sgx.com wrote:
> Our proxy server is using NTLM authentication.  Currently, Maven does not
> seems to support this kind of authentication protocol (correct me if I am
> wrong).  Hence, I am not able to download files from the remote
repository,
> which is quite essential in order to use Maven. Is there any plan to add
> support for NTLM authentication for future release?

If I knew what NTLM authentication was and several users requested it
then possibly but no one else has raised the issue.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Confidentiality Caution
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that is not of an official nature shall be
deemed as neither given nor endorsed by SGX unless indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message.