maven-users mailing list archives

From eng...@sgx.com
Subject Re: Building J2EE project
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 06:07:20 GMT

The problem is when the ejb:install and war:install is called, an ejb jar
and a war files are placed inside the local repository with a version
number.  Specifying maven.final.name does not help in this case.  The
ear:install will pick up the jar and war files from the local repository as
specified under the dependencies in the pom.

Regards,
Eng Hoe
App Dev-DCS
SGX-IT Division

DID: (65) 62368963
FAX: (65) 64388840
email: enghoe@sgx.com

                    Nathan Coast

                    <nathan@codecz       To:     Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>

                    ar.com>              cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: Building J2EE project

                    12/12/2003

                    01:51 PM

                    Please respond

                    to "Maven

                    Users List"

sounds about right.

I create a "project" project at the same depth as the same depth as the
sub-projects.  so the sub projects extend ../project/project.xml.  this
keeps
the directory structure cleaner without any mixing of the parent project
src,
target whatever with the sub-project directories.

to override the generated component name set the maven.final.name property
in
each project's build.properties

enghoe@sgx.com wrote:

> What is the best way to build a J2EE project?
>
> Currently, what I did was to create a main project folder to house 3 sub
> projects for building the ear, ejb jar and war files.  Then I run the
> multiproject:install goal from the main project.  Is the way I do it
> correct?
>
> By doing so, I got the ejb jar and war files in my ear file.  However, I
> also got a version number tagged to my ejb jar and war files.  How do I
get
> rid of the version numbers?
>
> How do I add the security roles information in the application.xml file
if
> I were to use the ear:generate-ear-descriptor goal?
>

> Regards,
> Eng Hoe
> App Dev-DCS
> SGX-IT Division
>
> DID: (65) 62368963
> FAX: (65) 64388840
> email: enghoe@sgx.com
>
> Confidentiality Caution
> =======================
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
> you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
> delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this
> message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and
kindly
> notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and other
> information in this message that is not of an official nature shall be
> deemed as neither given nor endorsed by SGX unless indicated by an
> authorised representative independent of this message.

> .

Confidentiality Caution