maven-users mailing list archives

From mark.rus...@pnc.com
Subject Re: New User Question
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:54:19 GMT

I'm in the windows world.  when I try to redirect I get the following:
C:
\ccviews\PP08920_klltp1g_shareware_view\PNC_Shareware\PNCJavaLoggingWrapper>maven

jar > maven.log
log4j:ERROR setFile(null,false) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: maven.log (The process cannot access the
file because it is being used by another process)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:176)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
        at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:272)
        at
org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:151)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:247)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:123)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:87)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.java:645)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:603)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureRootCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:500)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:406)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:432)
        at
org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.selectAndConfigure(OptionConverter.java:460)
        at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:113)
        at org.apache.log4j.Category.getInstance(Category.java:530)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactory.getInstance(Log4jFactory.java:140)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:253)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:382)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.<init>(App.java:218)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1108)
        at
        at
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)

Mark Russell
PNC
412-768-9603

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "khote"         |
|         |           <khote@mminterne|
|         |           t.com>          |
|         |                           |
|         |           12/01/2003 11:00|
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "Maven Users |
|         |           List"           |

  |        To:      "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
                                      |
  |        cc:
                                |
  |        Subject: Re: New User Question

maven goal | less
works for me.  At the end of less, hit an 's', and save the log file