maven-users mailing list archives

From Chad Woolley <li...@thewoolleyweb.com>
Subject Auto-generate Ant Script from Maven Script?
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 02:56:43 GMT
Hi,

I have an application which uses maven as the main build mechanism.
However, I also maintain a corresponding Ant script which does a basic
build of my app.  This is to support users who may want to build my app,
but not go to the trouble of downloading and installing maven.  Also, I
have in the past encountered a bug where Maven would not perform a
certain task, but Ant would (yes, I dutifully reported the bug).

My question is:  Has anyone tried to make a simple plugin which would
generate a basic Ant build script based off of a maven.xml file?

I know that custom plugins, reports, etc. obviously wouldn't be
supported.  However, it seems possible to generate a basic Ant build
script containing the classpath, and targets for clean, java:compile,
test:compile, jar, etc.  This could even read the properties directly
from project.properties and project.xml, to avoid hardcoding
often-changed values in the generated script.

Thanks,
Chad