maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MAVEN_HOME and MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 03:23:32 GMT

Jason van Zyl wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 10:34, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>Product: Maven 1.0-rc1
>>
>>MAVEN_HOME = /java/maven
>>MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL = <not set>
>>
>>During a build, it seems that Maven will ignore MAVEN_HOME when it copies the
>>result to the repository cache. Instead it copies to ${user.home}/.maven
>>

>First off, what are you trying to do exactly. I don't understand the
>sentence above.

When Nicols' invokes jar:install the resulting artifact is placed by
maven in the repository under ${user.home}/.maven.  A unit test
associated with the build is pulling in resources from that repository -
but the code pulling is the resoruces is assuming that the repository is
a %MAVEN_HOME%/repository.  What we need to confirm is the logic
resolution of the user's local repository based only on the availability
of the MAVEN_HOME and MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL environment variables.

Current assumptions are something like the following;

    private static String getMavenHome()
    {
        String local =
          System.getProperty(
            "maven.home.local",
            Env.getEnvVariable( "MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL" ) );
        if( null != local ) return local;

        String maven =
          System.getProperty(
            "maven.home",
            Env.getEnvVariable( "MAVEN_HOME" ) );
        if( null != maven ) return maven;

        return System.getProperty( "user.home" ) + File.separator +
".maven";
    }

However, Nocols' case suggests either the above assumptions are
incorrect or something strage is happening in maven.

>Are you talking about a jar:install type operation here?

Yes.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell