maven-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Bonevich <j...@bonevich.com>
Subject Re: Comments property on License
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:14:07 GMT
Cool.  There seems to be a pattern of the base POM classes extending
BaseObject, which has name and id properties, but not necessarily
declaring same in XSD or docs.  Which is better to follow - code, XSD,
docs (my gut sez go with the code)?  Here are the inconsistencies I find:

*Organization - has name, no id
*Repository - no name or id
*Branch - adding name and id means it == Version, but maybe it should?
*MailingList - has name, no id
*Contributor - has name, no id; adding id means == Developer
*License - has name, no id
*Dependency - has id, no name
*Build - neither
*Report - neither

Does not necessarily make sense that they all should, nor should code
necessarily be directly reflected in XSD.  But for some (Organization,
Branch, Contributor, License, Dependency?) it makes sense???

Do you want the comments issue entered in JIRA?

jeff