maven-users mailing list archives

From Noel Winstanley ...@jb.man.ac.uk>
Subject Adding other sources trees for javadoc.
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:45:51 GMT
Hi,
I've got a maven project where, in addition to the src/ and test/ code trees,
we've added a third tree - generated/ . In here is a bunch of code generated
using tools such as axis's wsdl2java, and castor. We wanted to keep this away
from the hand-crafted code, so as not to accidentaly overwrite stuff.

The new source tree is linked into the compile process by adding this
preGoal:-

<!-- hook to add in generated sources -->
<preGoal name="java:compile">
	<path id="generated.src.path" location="${basedir}/generated/java" />
	<maven:addPath id="maven.compile.src.set" refid="generated.src.path" />
</preGoal>

which works for compilation and tests. However, the javadoc goal doesn't pick
this up - is there a path variable I need to kludge to tell javadoc about the
extra sources? Likewise for cross-referenced sources too.

Thanks in advance,
Noel.
--
Dr Noel Winstanley - nw@jb.man.ac.uk  01477 572689
Senior Java Developer, Astrogrid Project.