maven-users mailing list archives

From "Craig S. Cottingham" <cr...@cottingham.net>
Subject Re: Multiple Seperate Database Projects
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 22:14:57 GMT
On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 15:58, Vikas Phonsa wrote:
> I want to make separate folders for different databases like Database1,
> Database2 etc and put the schema and build.properties for each database in
> its separate folder. And then specify the location of the Database/folder I
> want to work on in the default.properties folder, so that the properties and
> the schema is loaded from Database folders like from Database1 folder and
> also the generated sql and java classes are placed in different folder for
> each database.
>
> Could that be done ?

I do something similar to what you're asking for, but in a different
way.

First, I keep all of the properties for controlling Torque in a single
XML file. Then, for each DBMS I support, I have a goal in maven.xml
which transforms the XML file using XSLT into build.properties, moves
that to the appropriate directory, attains the torque:sql goal, then
moves the resulting files to the appropriate subdirectory under target.

It's an ugly, ugly hack, compounded by the fact that I never could get
XSLT to work inside Maven, so I have to call out to a separate Ant build
file. If had to do it over again, I could probably find a cleaner way to
do it, but what I have works for me for now.

--
Craig S. Cottingham
craig@cottingham.net