maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Dependency Duplication for TLDs
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:01:18 GMT
On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 04:15, Bateman Pat UK MYT wrote:
> I have the following dependency list for a WEB application. The second dependency is
ignored because it has the same name as the the first dependency, even though they are different
types.

> Does Maven expect to have duplicate dependency names/keys for different types in the
future ???

It does to a moderate degree already and the idea will certainly be
cleaned up and fleshed out in future versions. The touchstone tests
demonstrate the use of artifacts with the same groupId/artifactId with
different types being processed correctly in the context of downloading
dependencies. But many of the plugins are inconsistent in the handling
of such things and some not at all. But proper handling of dependencies
that you describe above is definitely slated.

> Thanks
>
> Pat
>
>       <dependency>
>         <groupId>mtcom</groupId>
>         <artifactId>mt-webutil</artifactId>
>         <version>0.1</version>
>         <properties><war.bundle>true</war.bundle></properties>
>       </dependency>
>       <dependency>
>         <groupId>mtcom</groupId>
>         <artifactId>mt-webutil</artifactId>
>         <version>0.1</version>
>         <type>tld</type>
>         <properties><war.bundle>true</war.bundle></properties>
>       </dependency>

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com