maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Including remote properties
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 20:40:39 GMT
On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 15:46, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> The Avalon team would like to use their distribution heirarchy as a Maven remote
> repository.  The only problem is the traffic it forces on the Apache servers.
> We would like to incorporate support from the mirrors redirection program to get
> things to work properly.
>
> I can (and did) easily create a genereated properties file that is run as a CGI
> script on the server to point to the preferred mirror.  The file has the entry
> maven.repo.remote=[preferred]/avalon,....

Sorry I don't quite understand the "generated properties file that is
run as a CGI script". How is a generated properties file a CGI script?
Can you not just point the maven.repo.remote value at the normal apache
cgi mirror script?

> which expands to the desired value.
>
> The snag I ran into has to do with declaring the properties files.  Maven has
> the <property> element you can put in the maven.xml file,

Do you mean the <properties/> element in project.xml, or using the ant
<property/> tag in the maven.xml file?

> but the only options
> to specify the properties files are "file", "resource", and "env".  That means
> that I cannot use that to get the remote properties file.

I'm still not exactly sure what you're trying to do but the Jelly util
tag library has a properties tag that takes a URI.

> Is there any workaround I can use?  Is there a plugin that exists to take care
> of this type of functionality?

You are just trying to point your maven builds at the mirror cgi script?

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org