maven-users mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Changelog problems
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:13:12 GMT

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> On Monday 04 Aug 2003 17:58, Henri Yandell wrote:
> > Ack. It no longer supports this connection method? Any reason why?
>
> > On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> > > <connection>scm:cvshen@umbongo.flamefew.net:/var/cvs:genjava-core</connec
> > >tion> This is bad.
>
> Errrm, because you missed a colon out of your CVS line ? (between 'cvs' and
> 'hen')
>
> scm:cvs:hen@umbongo.flamefew.net:....

Nope. Tried that. I always found in the past that the : screwed things up.
Adding the : now makes no difference.

Maybe it allows ':ext:' or ':extssh:' as a protocol.

Ah. :ext: seems to work, however when on the same machine it asks for the
password etc now. Used to be that the connection I had above would work
like 'ext' when on a remote machine and like 'local' on the local machine.

'extssh' appears to be this protocol. :) So I have to go from:

scm:cvshen@umbongo.flamefew.net:/var/cvs:genjava-core  [works in b7 and
before]

scm:cvs:extssh:hen@umbongo.flamefew.net:/var/cvs:genjava-core [b8 onwards]

Thanks for all the help,