maven-users mailing list archives

From "Siegfried Göschl" <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject RE: "In-Place" Web Development
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 09:53:20 GMT
Hi Brett,

I came along this issue two weeks ago using Eclipse, Tomcat, Struts
and the Tomcat Plugin for Eclipse.

What I'm doing:

+) I left MAVEN alone and tweaked the Eclipse confiugration to
generate the class file into src/webapp/WEB-INF/classes.

+) added a postGoal to war:webapp calling a locally defined goal
local:webapp

<goal name ="local:webapp">

  <echo>Copy libs to ${maven.war.src}/WEB-INF/lib</echo>
  <copy todir="${maven.war.src}/WEB-INF/lib" overwrite="true">
    <fileset dir="${maven.build.dir}/${pom.artifactId}/WEB-INF/lib">
      <include name="**/*.*"/>
    </fileset>
  </copy>

  <echo>Copy class files to ${maven.war.src}/WEB-INF/classes</echo>
  <copy todir="${maven.war.src}/WEB-INF/classes" overwrite="true">
  <fileset dir="${maven.build.dir}/${pom.artifactId}/WEBINF/classes">
    <include name="**/*.*"/>
   </fileset>
  </copy>

</goal>

What it does is to copy the libs and generated classes from target
into src/webapp/WEB-INF. And this is the place where the "in-place"
development is done - the main inconvenience is changing the
referenced JARs.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl